Saturday, January 9, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. 2010!

I know this is a little late, but to be fair, I did write a nice long post about Christmas, complete with pictures and a slideshow which I tried to post on Christmas Eve…. And which was somehow deleted entirely, not only from blogger, but from my computer as well. So I took a break. But now I’m back!

Our Christmas and New Year were very different, but actually very good. Despite the fact that our shipping had not arrived, and so we didn’t have any Christmas decorations or traditions at all, we managed to have a great family time. We bought a tree and a few decorations, and just spent the holiday together, and with our neighbors and some friends, it was really nice.

Seeing as I’m rather lacking in the money department, I couldn’t really afford a ton of presents. Soo I split presents with Megan and Josh, AND Megan and I wrote a Christmas song. I know some readers may already be getting updates from my parents, and so will have already seen the lyrics for this, but I’m going to post them on here as well so that everyone will get the chance to see them. We were planning to sing it on Christmas morning, but on Christmas Eve my mom read something that my Grandma from England had emailed to us, and was exactly what our song was about! So since it seemed to fit so well, we decided to do it right then.

Having a Christmas like that, away from home and friends and stuff, it felt a lot more like what the first Christmas would have been like; Sharing it with family and new friends, and actually focusing on what Christmas is supposed to be about. Which is kind of what our song tried to portray… (by the way, I say we wrote the song, well 99.9% of the credit goes to Megan; she’s so good!)

*** 

Christmas Song

 Can You imagine what He thought?

Can You imagine what He felt?

Can You imagine leaving your home?

To share your love with the world?

 

What did He feel when she held him close?

Rocking Him singing asleep in her arms.

Could she imagine what her child would do?

Share His love with the world?

 

So lets share our love this Christmas.

Share our love.

Lets forget all else, and remember that child

And share his love today

 

What did he feel when they spit in his face

Did he remember the holiest place

Where angels sing in glittering gold

Yet he came down to darkness and cold

 

To share his love that Christmas

Share his love.

So lets forget all else and remember that child.

And share his love today

 

What would He think of us,

If he saw what we had made this day?

What would He say to us,

About this holy day?

 

To Share His love this Christmas.

To share his love

To forget all else and remember him,

To share his love today x2
(To share his love this Christmas)

****

In case you were wondering, our stuff did eventually arrive. We got it last Wednesday, and after living out of one single suitcase since the end of August, it was quite the party when it arrived!! I missed my books (as dorky as that may sound, its true!), and I’m already finished one and on to a second J

Anyway, I hope you all had an amazing holiday with all of your friends and family. I miss everyone so much! <3>

And now.. we’re off to a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon with Act and Adonis!! :P We just finished Curse of the Black Pearl, and are on our way over (after a dinner break) to start Dead Man’s Chest.. I actually love those movies! 

4 comments:

Staci said...

hey erin! its been just about forever. so i am terrible and haven't kept up on blogs much at all for a while, but i am trying to get better! lol.. absolutely LOVE the song!! that's awesome! and im pretty excited to follow all of your adventures in south africa- how amazing!! =]

Erin said...

hey staci, thanks :)
wow I haven't talked to you in ages! I know, I've started back up with this blog obviously, but I'm terrible at keeping caught up with other people's blogs.. I'm going to go check yours now! :)

Ellie said...

Erin! I have not checked blogs in a while and JUST saw that you have moved to South Africa..?!?! That is amazing! Seriously, awesome. I can't wait to read more about it. Do you like it there?
Why did your family decide to move there?

Corrie said...

so exciting to hear of your latest adventures, Erin! Say "hi" to your mom from me and tell her i'm green with envy!!! wish i was in Africa too!

Blessings,
Corrie