Thursday, June 24, 2010

Growing Up

Other than World Cup (Go England! Advancing to the next round!!) not too much is happening. We're all getting ready to leave for Uganda at the end of July, which is very exciting, and Megan just wrote her first provincial exam last night. Unfortunately for her (and Adonis, who was her 'supervisor') it ended up being from 10pm to 1am our time. But she's finished it now, and has one more before the end of the school year, which is good. Joshua finished his last exam last week and is enjoying having free time- although he does seem to be bugging me to "do something" more often. Summer break isn't quite as exciting when all your friends are across the ocean. 

We went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday, and absolutely loved it. The Numetro Theatre just introduced 3D movies last week, and so it was the first time most of the people in the theatre had seen a 3D movie (including Bibi and Act who came along with us) and there were many exclamations throughout the film :) 

Andy's all grown up! And it was the same voice actor who played him as a kid in the first two, which I thought was pretty cool :)



I have to say, as much as I loved it, I definitely almost cried right there in the theatre. It is such a great movie, and the ending is so bittersweet that I couldn't help tearing up. I'm not going to say anything about the storyline, other than it's about growing up and moving on... but it made me think of all my old toys, sitting in the basement of our house back in Canada, and all the memories with friends and games and stories from back then; I miss being a little kid! 

I definitely recommend watching it though, it's a good one :) 

No comments: