Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Moreton Hall and Butter Chicken :)

Today we spent the day with my little cousin Alicea. She was home from school today and yesterday with a cold and an earache, but since she was feeling a bit better today, and seeing as we’re only here for a short time, her mom let her come with us for lunch, and then to go to Little Moreton Hall in the afternoon.

Little Moreton Hall is this sweet old estate from the early 1500s. It was owned by a wealthy family called the Moretons, and their house is still completely as it was.. it hasn’t been changed, except for upkeep, since the 1700s, and its so interesting. You can go on a guided tour, which we did, of the downstairs, and then the upstairs you can just walk around by yourself. Its so beautiful, and since I absolutely love history and historical artifacts and houses and such, I had a great time there.

You’re only allowed to take pictures outside, not inside, so most of our pictures are just from the outside of the house. However, while we were inside, Megan, Ayana, Moses, Josh, Alicea, and I went into the old bathroom (guarder robe??? Not sure how you spell that), and we closed the door and very quickly took a couple of pictures. :P So those are the only two pictures of the inside, quickly and very sneakily taken by Megan and I. 
J

Oh and unbeknownst to me, while I was in the upstairs watching everyone and making sure the kids were all behaving and not destroying the house, my parents and grandma had snuck off to the restaurant and were having tea and scones. I wasn’t very impressed. But apart from that it was great 
J






stealing pears from the orchard :P












our sneaky pictures :P





the kids inside the old dog house :)


After Little Moreton Hall we went to my grandma’s for our daily cup of tea and internet connection (in case I didn’t mention this before, we can only get internet at my grandma’s house, so I have to write all my emails and blog posts the day before, on Microsoft Word, and then post them later at my grandma’s… so my blog posts are usually about the day before it’s posted; today’s- posted on Thursday-was written on and about Wednesday), and then headed over to my aunt and uncle’s (Alicea’s house) for Indian food for dinner. I love Indian food so so much, its my favourite food e.v.e.r., so I was quite excited :) We had a very nice time with them, just eating and chatting, and the kids all played together in Kyle (Alicea’s older brother) and Alicea’s bedrooms… Megan was especially impressed by Alicea’s room- the walls are a shrine to the Jonas Brothers, whom Megan absolutely adores :P

On a side note, Kyle and Josh are about a year apart, and get along super well. Since they’re both into magic tricks and such, and Kyle’s really quite good at it, they came and performed a couple for us. They were actually pretty good! We only figured out one or two… and I am still so confused as to how they do the rest of them. So if anyone is good at magic tricks, and wants to let me know how all those card and coin ones are done, please comment on this post!!! :)
  

Well, its nearly midnight, and I’m very pleased with myself. I think I’ve successfully gotten over my yucky jetlag. I’m barely tired (no more than the usual for staying up until midnight), and I didn’t have a single nap today… I think I’ve beaten it!! So, just in case, I’m going to go to bed right now, and get a long sleep and make sure that its really gone for good… goodnight! 
J




my mum and uncle.. her little brother :P


the boys :)




1 comment:

The Hattons... said...

great photos of everyone and everything.

From a distance, the house looks like something you can't stare at for too long or you'd get dizzy.