Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Its Official! ...

... In July of this year (2010), my family and I will be leaving South Africa, and moving up to Uganda to work at Kibaale Community School! 

We will be taking over the role of the Dyke family with a few small changes. We won't be the "directors" of Kibaale, but instead the Canadian liaisons/consultants for the new Ugandan director. I'm not exactly sure what that means, or even if I have it completely right, but one thing that's for sure is that in a few months we will be back in Kibaale for good!

Of course, now that I have all these friends here, and am getting involved with more and more stuff, its going to be way harder to leave SA than I ever thought it would be. Thinking of leaving my friends, and the kids here, and (on a very materialistic level) the mall within 35 minutes of where we live... its going to be very sad to leave! Ah why are goodbyes so hard? 

But for now we still have a few months here, and then lots of time over in Kibaale... where I hope lots of my friends will come to visit! (nudge nudge)

No comments: