Friday, February 26, 2010

Back in Kibaale at Last!

We’re back! And its so great J

Traveling was a little hectic by ourselves, but everything went pretty smoothly (except for passport control, when the guy made a mistake and we had to go back to his office so he could fix it.. and then spend 10 minutes there, listening to him chat with his friends before he suddenly remembered we were there, and fixed whatever he messed up) and four hours of driving in the City Bug, three hours of waiting in the airport (yep, Jim and Pam’s wedding was excellent, now one of my top favourite episodes of the show! J), three ¼ hours of flying, and another hour or so of driving later, we made it to Adonai Guest House, where we were met by Jeff and Shannon Dyke!


And now…. Now we are back in lovely Kibaale. Its Sunday night (while I’m writing this) and we just finished dinner, and are about to go to bed. Well actually, its only 8:25pm, but I’m exhausted, and am trying to force myself to stay awake until 9… which is ridiculous, I’m not even jetlagged! Unless that gravol I took on the plane to knock myself out was a lot stronger than I thought...

Anyway, while we’re here by ourselves (before the team arrives), we’ll be helping with getting everything ready for their arrival; cleaning rooms, making beds, organizing their food etc. And hopefully getting some time to see our kids again!

Oh, just a note about internet- we’re using the Kibaale internet, so I can’t post pictures or anything which would take up a lot of it, but I’ll hopefully be able to update this at least a few times while we’re here. Pictures when we get back, I promise! J

*****

Ok this is a week later (Sunday 14th- Happy Valentine’s Day!) and since I still haven’t posted yet I thought I might as well just add onto this one. We’re about to head to church with the team, who will be performing testimonies, songs, and a drime, so we’ll see how that goes!

In the days before the team arrived, Megan and I got lots of time with the kids.. the new Nursery kids are absolutely adorable!! So tiny! One of them, who we realized we had met only once, on a walk in the town, remembered us, and has been a close friend ever since J


Anita back in November


Anita now!






The PA team arrived from Canada on Thursday, and jumped right in the next day with a sports day for the Primary School. Its funny, in the 5 days before they arrived, I didn’t get the slightest bit burnt, but within one day of them coming, I was burnt to a crisp! :S But the sports day was good, they did a  great job- Megan and I took on the parachute station, and then a relay race with the older students, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.






Anyway, tonight Megan and I will be looking after the three oldest Dyke kids, as Jeff and Shannon have gone to Kampala for the night. 

No comments: