Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Justine and Avin! (February 20th)

Today, as well as being our staff kid “VBS” day, is Justine and Avin’s birthday! Avin was pretty excited to share the same birthday as a new friend on the team!  Unfortunately both Avin, Shannon, and Jeff were all feeling pretty under the weather yesterday and today, so not much celebrating went on L Tomorrow we’re going to have a BBQ dinner for Avin instead, and on Monday after the team leaves, Megan and I are giving her a girls’ movie night, so she’s excited about that!

In the morning we did a VBS with a bunch of the staff kids, which included crafts, games, sports, and a Bible story. They seemed to really love it. And I got to spend some time with one of my favourite kids in Kibaale, Shadrach! He has two little brothers also here (one’s a new Nursery students.. by the way, there are so many new students available for sponsorship, go check it out!! http://paoutreach.net - and the other one is in the daycare) and I just adore this kid!!



While they were playing games, I went over and picked up a little boy, who I found was the step-brother of one of my friends here, Promise. She told me that his name was Waswa, and that he was feeling sick. I guess he was very lethargic, because for the rest of the VBS he just cuddled in my arms. He was such a little sweetie! He came alive a little bit with lollipops were handed out, and seemed to really like colouring the Bible story picture, but apart from that he was pretty listless. I felt so bad for him, I just wanted to take him home L



I got many gifts today.. my dear little friends Dorcas and Gloria (twins, who I’ve known since they were just 4- they’re now in P4 already!), as well as Promise and her little sister Hope, made me a bunch of crafts. So sweet J

No comments: