Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its A Hard Knock Life!

Ayana and Moses have recently discovered the movie Annie and are absolutely loving it. I think they're both under the impression that the both of them are, in reality, little orphan Annie. 

Anything they say, they say to the tune of an Annie song. For example, Ayana (looking through the supply closet) said to Moses, "Is this it?" and he replied with a slow and mournful, 

"Maybe it is....
maybe its not...." To the tune of Maybe (the song Annie sings about hoping to find her parents).

In another nice Annie moment, I was just sitting on the couch reading (and before I say this I need to let you know that when I'm reading, I block out almost everything around me; you pretty much have to rip the book out of my hands to get my attention) when I realized that the repetitive noise I was registering in the back of my head was singing. I looked up and saw Ayana and Moses vigorously scrubbing the coffee table in front of me, singing at the top of their lungs:

"Its a hard not light from us!" over and over.

I guess they almost got it right.

Occasionally they would stamp their feet and run to dip their brushes in the sink, then return to their hard work, singing all the while. When told to put the brushes away, they slammed them down (in rhythm of course!), put their hands on their hips, and marched out of the room.. still singing. 

Wow, these poor little orphans have such a hard life here at our house, they never get to do anything but work. 

They are currently outside, looking for their dog, good old Sandy. 


This next sentence, I'm sure, is getting a little repetitive (and trust me, I hate saying it!) but... still no new pictures! That's an old(ish) one of the two little vagabonds from way back when in Canada.

No comments: