Thursday, April 22, 2010

Winter is Coming!


Unfortunately no, that picture was not taken in South Africa :( (duh). I'm guessing its never going to be quite like that here.. but winter is still coming none-the-less! And with it, 'cold' weather. 

Recently its been getting chillier and chillier... well, for African standards. I wasn't quite sure what to think when I said I was "freezing" yesterday in my sweater and jeans, only to find out that it was around 15 degrees. 

Hmm I guess I'm acclimatized! 

In other news, most of the family is heading off tomorrow to Zimbabwe for 2 weeks! Megan and I are staying here.. Megan to do school, and me to keep her company (my parents don't want her staying down here in Westmont by herself.. plus the 'no electricity or running water' in one of the places they're staying kind of factored into it too, just a tiny bit) but our parents, Joshua, Ayana, Moses and two friends (Kelvin and Adonis) are going to have a great time. 

I'm kind of sad that I'll be missing out, but Megan and I are planning lots of movie nights, full of popcorn, Gilmore Girls, and the Office, which will be great. Plus I'll be updating my blog whenever we get news from the Zim-Mobile Crew (as they're calling themselves) on here, so stay tuned!

One more thing.. my mom is at Vision 2000 this very moment... I'm crossing my fingers!!


Oh how I miss the snow, and being truly, truly freezing cold. 

No comments: